- Distinguish yourself from your competitors. Consumer awareness regarding GHG emissions continues to growth and the environmentally conscious customer differentiates between regular brands and brands that have reduced their carbon footprints.
- Improve productivity by driving down energy costs. Energy consumption is one of the largest sources of GHG emissions. Implementation of energy conservation projects reduces your carbon footprint while delivering cost reductions.
- Improve your corporate reputation and demonstrate social involvement in a global issue.
- Develop environmental GHG-friendly products and leverage market position to attract new customers that are seeking zero footprint alternatives.
- Improve employee moral, reduce turnover and improve employee performance.
GHG Offsetting Strategies
Corporations can contribute to the reduction of GHG emissions in a variety of ways. The type of strategy you adopt is very much dependant on your area of activity as well as your business objectives. A manufacturing company may, for example, elect to offset the carbon footprint associated with its entire supply chain or may alternatively focus on one product line that has greater perceived benefits. A transport company may elect to offset a portion of GHG emissions from its fleet and offer its customers to purchase credits to offset the balance through a customised web site. A warehousing company will instead focus on heating and emissions relating to the maintenance of their building. Our team of experts can guide you through the process of establishing an offsetting strategy compatible with your business needs (more).